Mastopexy, or the procedure best known as the “breast lift,” changes the breast position and firmness by removing excess skin. Tightening the breasts skin and repositioning the breast tissue gives breasts a lifted or more youthful appearance. The procedure is typically performed in order to reverse the effects of pregnancy, breastfeeding and weight change, which can leave the breasts lacking volume, shape and symmetry. Montgomery County / Chester County plastic surgeons *Dr. Mirabile and Dr. Hsu perform the Breast Lift procedures and when necessary combines this surgery with breast augmentation to reshape the breasts in an aesthetically pleasing way.
The breast lift may be a good option for you if you:
- Desire lift “more perky” breasts
- Are bothered by the lack of fullness and loss of shape of your breasts
- Perceive your nipples pointing downward
- Have uneven or asymmetrical breasts
What to expect during your consultation:
In order to create the best possible results from your breast lift surgery, it is important for your surgeon to consult with you to discuss your desires and expectations. A number of factors will be considered during your consultation.
We will discuss:
- General medical history, including any genetic propensity for breast cancer, results of previous mammogram’s and any previous surgeries
- A detailed account of current prescription medications, supplements (vitamins or others) that you take
- Any use of tobacco or other drugs
- What are your expectations?
At the consultation, your surgeon will also:
- Evaluate your current health
- Examine your breasts for size, shape and irregularities, including the extent of sagging and photograph your breasts
- Discuss your surgical options and recommend a course of treatment
- Disclose the risk of common complications associated with breast lift surgery and the use of anesthesia
- Review what to do the day of surgery
- Review post-operative care and recovery
Breast lift surgery is a comprehensive procedure that can drastically improve your silhouette. To learn more about mastopexy, or other plastic surgery procedures such as breast augmentation, breast reduction or liposuction in Philadelphia, call *Dr. Mirabile and Dr. Hsu’s office at 610-272-8821 to schedule a consultation.